- L-Space, or where the fairies roam (Clue-Fairies that is)
- Usenet, or what was that tag for A Short Piece About Ankh-Morpork and Canned Fruit?
- The Turtle Moves!, or world domination - Discworld style
- The Discworld MUD, or where is the womble?
- The Discworld Monthly, or Oook-ly easy trivia games
- Klatchian Foreign Legion, better known as WOSSNAME
- Discworld Sites, if this one's not enough for you ^_~
This, I think, is one of the earliest (and most formalized) Discworld electronic representations. Great resources include interviews with The Master, the Annotated Pratchett File, the Pratchett Quote File, ftp archives for games and graphics, and many more. Visit it!
There are two main newsgroups dealing with Pratchett in the main hierarchy. The chief one is alt.fan.pratchett, a very friendly place provided you read the posting guidelines and a system of acronyms that are supposed to tell people what the posting is about (more complicated than a herd of garden hosepipes after a night in a crowded shed) are available at L-Space. Don't worry, 95% of stuff is [I]rrelevant anyway - that means, nothing to do with Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Still it remains the perfect place for meeting other fans, Terry posts there himself and once a new book rolls out, there's a slew of very intelligent discussions and annotations. Go there now!
Another Discworld-related newsgroup is alt.books.pratchett. This is basically afp sans the Irrelevant ([I]) threads; I recommend subscribing to both. And if you want to get the news only, go to the moderated alt.fan.pratchett.announce
Once, in the days of yore, Yahoo offered a service called Clubs. A really neat interface and various features made those clubs perfect for someone looking for a fluffier Pterry-place than Alt.Fan.Pratchett. Unfortunately after Yahoo acquired the E-Groups mailing-list service, they decided to merge the two while keeping the mailing list format; this has resulted in something of a decline in some cases. Here are some ex-clubs (currently mailing lists) I remember fondly:
- The Terry Pratchett Club - one of the older and currently rather in decline. Due perhaps to the moderator (eh... *blushes*) moving to greener pastures ^_~
- The Watch House -- A quiet, pleasant club
- The Mended Drum -- A very well-maintained mailing list/club with active membership.
This is one of the better Multi User Domains around. The address for Telnet and WWW is the same: discworld.imaginary.com. Once logged on, you are carefully guided through character creation.
- You can eat the cute, purring cabbages
- The urchins have a limited supply of targets they can take you to
- Be sure to turn on the local echo -- this server doesn't send back what you're typing
This is the best Discworld newsletter around. It has over 12600 subscribers and includes current info, trivia, reviews, where to buy things and much more. Over a half of each issue are readers' letters, so it's easy to find someone to talk to/help out/flame.
If you don't want to use the form on this site, you can subscribe easily at http://www.ufbs.co.uk/dwm/, and read the archives as well. Have fun!
Links to other Discworld sites
While my site is distinguished (or so I hope), there's a huge Pratchett community on the net. Here are some of the sites I've stumbled on:
Featured link: Sockii's Annotate-o-matic
Turtles All the Way (under construction)
Annotated Pratchett File
Terry Pratchett Bibliography
Pratchett Quote File
Terry Pratchett Archives
The art of Paul Kidby
Colin Smythe, Pterry's agent
Discworld in Audio and Braille
Unseen University Theatre Company
AcornMedia -- DW DVD, Wyrd Sisters boxed set and more
Personal Pratchett pages
The Watch House
Mss Wheatherwax fan page
Lady Dragon's Discworld Web
668 -- The neighbour of the Beast
Gaspode's Guide to the Discworld
Waddy's Ankh-Morpork page
The Little Guys
The Virtual Discworld
Diane Lindquist's site
Konsta Hansson from Finland
Barry R's Madhouse
The Discworld Tribute
The Hogfather's Grotto
The Alchemists' Guild
Ankh-Morpork General Hospital
Virtual Unseen University
Sarah's Discworld Fanart
Didn't find what you were looking for? Search Oook's Domain
If you know any other same-themed pages not mentioned here, or notice any 404s, let me know
Part of Extenuation.net